|Directions To Us|
|Shop & Trade|
|New Books in Stock|
|What is Bluestocking?|
|Friends of Bluestocking|
| What's New |
- Do you love Edgar Allan Poe? Do you love lunch? If your midday sandwich is not
all it could be, jazz it up with our new Edgar Allan Poe Lunchbox. This
sturdy-handled lunchbox features an embossed portrait of the morose author on
one side and a macabre scene with Raven on the other. Lunch has never been so
Available in our shoppe for $16.50 + sales tax. You can order the lunch box by email
email@example.com , by phone
619-296-1424 or through Paypal.
Please provide your email address and shipping
address. We will calculate your postage rate and, if you chose Paypal, send an
invoice to you through PayPal which will include your total due. Lunch is on!
And remember, we also carry a Poe magnet with his pithy quote: "I Became
insane, with Long Intervals of Horrible Sanity."
- We're featuring Blue Orange Brand Games, in addition to our fun and fabulous
reads. Mini-party games Spot It and Spot It, Jr., will have your mind racing.
Flapz, inspired by the handmade cootie-catcher and fortune-teller games from
the schoolyard, tells you more than who you're going to marry, Pixy Cubes get
your creativity flowing, and Sumoku re-envisions crossword puzzles with
numbers. The bookstore is not just for books anymore, but if you are looking
for books, try our coloring books and crayons, and create your own work of art.
- "Wow! Now I can see!" If you have ever uttered these words, or would like to,
we now carry reading glasses, in a variety of styles and strengths. For every
pair sold, 2020VISION donates $1 to the American Booksellers Foundation for
Freedom of Expression - the bookseller's voice in the fight against censorship.
ABFFE defends the 1st Amendment rights of booksellers and their customers.
- We have in amazing quillwork greeting cards, locally made in San Luis Rey by a
company called Yoder-Do. These beautiful and colorful, intricately crafted
cards come in three sizes: small for gift-enclosures and to house gift cards,
medium for greetings and a larger size which are so beautiful you can skip the
gift and make the card the gift! The cards come in a variety of designs, and
are suitable for framing. Check them out: http://yoderdo.com/
- We're always welcoming new readers into the bookshop, including NEW BABIES! All
around us, babies are discovering the joys of bright colors, expressive words
and the tactile experience of huggable, chewable board books. Our selection of new
books for babies is growing, with a series of My Very First Books series by
Eric Carle, offerings from Dr. Seuss and Richard Scarry, Spanish Language options like
Buenas Noches, Luna by Margaret Wise Brown, and dozens more. When your baby is
ready for picture books, such as The Velveteen Rabbit, Curious George,The Story of
Ferdinand and Where the Wild Things Are, we have treasured classics just right
for snuggling. Check out our NEW BOOKS for youngsters of all ages:
- The Musflap Girl is back by popular demand. Brains and beauty combine in this
weather-resistant vinyl window decal featuring the silhouette of a pony-tailed reader in a
clingy but sensible dress. The Mudflap Girl for the Smart Set is available in left and
right facing styles, for $4 each. Hubba Hubba!
- Putumayo Music CDs make great gifts. Treat yourself or a loved
one to the newly released Bluegrass, Cowboy Playground or African Blues, among more than
50 selections we carry NEW for $14.95.
- We've been adding to our selection of new books, what's hot right now as well
as classics we've loved for years. We're proud to feature new Dover thrift
editions, nicely priced powerhouses of literature and history. Jane Austen and
Charlotte Perkins Gilman, W.E.B. DuBois and Frederick Douglass, Hafiz and Rumi,
Nietzsche and Hesse, Darwin and Dostoevsky, Helen Keller and Homer, Tolstoy and
Twain, and so many more. And the coolest part is, most of the books are under
$3.50. And the ones that are a bit pricier have a lot more pages. As Samuel
Butler said (and it still rings true), "The oldest books are still only just
out to those who have not read them."
- New Books in Stock. Brand spanking NEW BOOKS IN STOCK are now listed on our site, and if you don't see what you are looking for please
send an inquiry - we can usually get what you would like in our weekly orders.
- Used Books. You can also search our USED BOOK OFFERINGS
If you see something you like, feel free to call or email and have us set it aside for direct pick-up or we can ship directly to you.
- We special order NEW books every week, and we can ship books to the folks you love too.
- We have the best selection of Putumayo CDs in town, vintage postcards, collectible vinyl record albums, ephemera you won't find anywhere else, an array of quirky and compelling magazines, oh, and BOOKS! New and used, waiting to be discovered.
- Can't decide which book(s) to buy? Too much to choose from? We sell GIFT CERTIFICATES, available in any amount. Call, email or come on in for details.
- OMG! Get techy with it! Join our fan page on Facebook: Bluestocking Books
- For best service please use our old fashioned email or telephone. info[AT]bluestockingbooks.com (619)296-1424
Our May Special o' the Month:
Our Birthday Gift to you: 20% off all books & gifts, magazines &
ephemera, necessities & sundries, new & used!* Party on!
*Not to be combined with trade credit or other discounts, please
Contact us via email or phone at 1-619-296-1424 to purchase & we'll ship to you.
Of course, we always love it when you stop by !